Friday, September 5, 2008

Use it....

My rooommate and I were having a discussion last night and I was telling her about how I was really longing for marriage, a spouse, and a family. I have always had that longing deep in my heart but for some reason, it is stronger on some days....who knows? We talked a lot about it and finally I just had this "revelation", "epiphany", whatever you want to call it. Basically, I said, instead of asking God to take this longing away or fulfill the longing right now, maybe we should ask him to use it for his glory. He has a purpose for everything that he allows to happen and causes to happen in our lives. So as believers, we should ask him to use this hurt in our lives for his good.

Although that is super hard, I am excited about God using that. He is so good so I can't imagine this experience being anything but good.

Until next time-
Les

No comments: