Thursday, November 13, 2008

Step by Step

This week has been an interesting one. I've struggled with how to really incorporate the revelation that God gave me into my daily life. For the first three days of this week, I basically sat silent, depressed sometimes, other times just unsure of what to do. Wednesday night church was a good refresher. During the service, I was really mindful of the ease that I have during worship and reminded of the verse in Isaiah that says, "They honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me" I asked God not to let me lift my hands if I didn't mean it in my heart and not to speak a word that wasn't coming straight from the heart as well. It was a quiet night for me. After church, I got to talk and pray with an amazing Godly woman and she really just reminded me that I have to go forward and use the teaching God shared with me; something I've been struggling with all week. I talked it out with her and then with another friend. After that the "task" didn't seem so daunting. One step at a time, constantly mindful of the teaching God gave me.
It's been hard but sweet at the same time. I'm grateful, no doubt!

The job hunt didn't take place at all this week and honestly, I'm not concerned. I just know that if I love God out of my heart and live from Him, He WILL provide for my needs. I'm looking forward to it.

Disney World next week. I'm super excited for some fun, food and fellowship with some AMAZING friends!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: