Sunday, November 9, 2008

Take that...and that....and that

I feel like for the last few weeks the devil has been working hard to mess me up and he has succeeded to some degree. I let him. I didn't use the tools given to me to fight him. I just laid there and took it like a wimp. I whined and cried but didn't fully ask God for help. I have not been bearing fruit. I am not happy about it but NOW I know what to do.
I am in the process of hunting for my first "Big Girl" job as many of you know. I have been consumed with this during the last week. I want God's best and I've said I'll go anywhere. But then I have only looked in a few places. So I guess I won't go anywhere. But really I'll go anywhere God wants me to go. Honest. 100% for real, I'll do it. Here's the disconnect...I haven't been able to find the way to listen to God regarding this situation and not let my flesh get in the way. I've been so out of tune to God's voice, especially in this situation that I don't know if He is speaking or if my flesh is rising up. I have been consumed with it. Down-trodden, defeated, whining, blah, blah, blah.
Well, just when you think you are at a loss, there He is...I am constantly in awe. At small group tonight, we were presented with the Tabernacle protocol for entering God's presence. It's short and quite simple, here it is...
1. The Gate-be thankful; praise God for Jesus and thank Him for what He's done and is going to do.
2. The Brazen Altar- acknowledge the Cross and apply the blood; accept the work of the cross and apply the blood of Jesus over every situation in your life
3. The Laver-be cleansed; ask forgiveness from your sins and get them out of the way
4. The Candlestick-wait on the Holy spirit; hmm....waiting...such a HARD concept in our society
5. The Table of Shewbread-meditate on the Word; call out to God with His holy Scripture
6. The Golden Altar of Incense-praying the names of God; remember and acknowledge who God is, our provider, our healer, etc.
7. The Holy of Holies-Enter His Presence

Through this I realized my whole problem. I have decided to go before God with my issue (currently the job hunt) and say "Here, fix this" but then I don't even honor him with my heart or rather FIRST I don't honor him with my heart. I make my current physical situation soooo big and I put God in a box....a little box....a very, small, tiny, minute box that He can't move in. Then, I expect Him to fix it....stupid, stupid plan. Praise God that He is ALWAYS right on time and He is always gentle with His love.
I am so pumped about this season of my life and I'm going to put into practice these steps and see what God does...it's going to be awesome, there is NO doubt!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: