Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Perspective

God has been showing me lately that it is all about perspective. In every single situation, I have the opportunity to look at it from God's view or I can chose the opposite. There is good in every single situation. I just have to find it. I am so thankful for this truth.

Today, I was offered a job by a therapy company in Alabama. On January 5th, I will begin my first "big girl job". I am super excited. It's not difficult to find the good in that situation. I have worked so hard for this moment with the support of my family and friends and of course, the goodness of God. I am so excited to be putting into to practice all of the things I have worked so hard at learning. I am thrilled about all of the amazing things God is going to do in my life.

1. I am grateful that soon I will have the monetary resources to do things I've wanted to do for the Kingdom.
2. I'll have the opportunity to stay in Birmingham and serve at Church of the Highlands.
3. I am in a season of preparation, preparing for a husband. God is showing me so much about myself and just how much work I still have left to do. I'm grateful.
4. I will have the choice every day to look through God's eyes or through the world's eyes. The view from God's perspective is sooooo much sweeter!
5. God never ceases to amaze me. He is always right on time and he is so absolutely amazing!

Thank you Lord for the many blessings you have given me. Thank you for constantly showing me the filth in my heart and having me work hard to let you change it. Thank you for your absolute goodness. Thank you for showing me more about your grace, how to receive it and how to give it freely. Thank you for the opportunity to know you. Thank you for letting me see things from your perspective. Thank you for amazing friends who keep me grounded and draw me closer to you. Thank you for searching me, knowing me, and still loving me unconditionally. Thank you for those people that make me want to strive to be more and more like you. Thank you for a family that loves me despite my flaws. I am in love with you!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: