Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cruising with the Madre!!!

On March 1st, I took my Mom on a cruise for her birthday. In November of last year, I just decided that I really wanted to do something special for my mom. She has done so much for me in my lifetime so far and I just wanted to give her back a little bit of what she has given me. It was her first cruise and she loved it!

We had the absolute best time. We relaxed to the fullest...slept late, ate often, read books, enjoyed sunrises, slept with the balcony door open, laughed much, enjoyed sunsets, etc., etc., etc.

It was one of the most relaxing trips I've ever been on for sure!

Here are a few pictures from our adventure!

This was when we were getting on the boat. We were soooooo excited!!!


This is Mom when we were leaving the dock. She was like a little kid!

Mom was so embarrassed that I brought the life jackets down for the drill. I had no idea that we didn't have to bring them. She didn't want to be seen with me!

Dressed for dinner on Day #1.

One example of the beautiful scenery we saw so much!
Example #2
Mom and Daughter!!! I love that Lady!

I zoomed too much accidentally but Mom liked it so I kept it.

Just a little fun in Cozumel.
I took several pictures with each towel animal every night. Mom enjoyed seeing them too.
My best elephant impression. It needs a little work.
Mother/Daughter love. We decided that this was the best picture we have ever take together.

We enjoyed each other's company so much.

It was a great trip but it was also good to be home. I drove back to Montgomery the day we got back to surprise M-squared at work. He wasn't expecting me until Sunday. I met him in the parking lot when he got off and he looked at me with a shocked look on his face like he didn't recognize me. Then he said "You came home early". It was excellent and well worth the 5 hour drive!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: