Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas!

I love Christmas. I love the smells. I love decorating. I love Christmas cards. I love giving. I love celebrating. I love remembering. I love it all. This year in particular I just keep going back to two things.

1. Soldiers who are away from home, away from their families, away from safety, all to protect us, me. Soldiers who are wounded and cannot return home or whose families may have even rejected them because of their injuries. Wow...such sacrifice.

2. Those families who have lost loved ones this year especially within the last month or so. I have lost plenty of loved ones so I know that it is tough around the holidays. Right now, I just ache for those whose family members have passed away. I can't explain it. I've never felt this way before but I know that I'll be lifting up those people a lot over the next two weeks especially.

Thank you, Jesus, for turning my attention to these people at this special time of year. Thank you for blessing me tremendously and allowing me to prosper just because of your goodness. Grateful to you.

Until next time-
Les

No comments: