Monday, August 25, 2008

Tornado Sirens??? Who Knew

Well, it's been a few weeks since I "blogged". Life has been busy and oh so good.

I got to go home for a week and I had a great time catching up with everyone and hanging out. I had my Mexican food fix, three times, and my Japanese food fix, once. Yum, Yum, Yum.
One night some of the people that I graduated with from high school got together to have dinner and just hang out. It was an adventure and very enjoyable. It is always great to catch up with those that you haven't seen in a while.

I was able to be home for G-Teezy from Louiezzy's 1st birthday party and it was such a joy. There were lots of people there to celebrate, despite the rain and I think the little man had a good time. After the party, I headed back to Birmingham and it was so good to be back. I am still in awe of how quickly I have made friends in this area and I thank God for that. They were all as excited to see me as I was to see them.

This past week has been a busy one because my new roommate moved in and I've been helping her move stuff and get settled. I am so stinking excited about her being here. We have so much fun together and we are being taught so much through our friendship with each other.

Yesterday's sermon was challenging and it was so good to hear from the Lord. I enjoyed the whole message but it was not until the end that I was overwhelmed by what God was saying. He said "You have a call on your life, don't ever doubt it!" I was moved to tears when I heard this. I'm still not 100% sure why I was so overwhelmed by that but I am thankful for it. It was in that moment as the service ended that I wished for just a few more minutes to soak it up. So often we are impacted by something a pastor says and then we don't get time to absorb it, we leave to go have lunch, we take our nap, do our chores and we never get back to that moment of excitement, learning, joy. I don't want that to happen to me anymore. I want to soak up what God is telling me, take the time to reflect on it and then move forward.

Today, Val and I woke up at 4:45 to begin our 40 days of Physical and Spiritual Strengthening/Renewal/Refreshment/Etc. I am super excited about what God is going to do in us, through us and for us during these next 40 days. We have each set some physical and spiritual goals that we want to achieve during these days and I'm pumped about the outcome.

So, about the title of this blog. As most of you know, it has been raining a lot in Alabama during the last few days. This morning after Val went to work, I decided I would rest for about an hour or so and I was awakened by an annoying siren type sound. I could not figure it out and about that time, a friend called and I asked him what it was. He said that it is a tornado siren....I've never heard of that, by the way. Later on, I talked to another friend who told me that I live close to city hall and that's probably why it was so loud. So, this is a good thing because it warns about tornadoes but they should tell you this kind of stuff when you move to Alabama, don't you agree????

The question of the day: What do you like to do for fun on a day when it is raining and you don't have any other set schedule?

No comments: