Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tears to my eyes

Over the last several years of my life, I have really begun to realized the hurt the "world" has caused in the lives of believers. The one thing I am focusing on now and is just really tearing me up is this...Men have not been treated like they are men! The world has torn down our men and demeaned them and discouraged them...to the point that they almost don't know how to be a man nor do they know how to accept encouragement. Case in point...I have been going to a small church here in Montgomery and have begun to get involved some. This morning at church, the worship was amazing. The worship leader, who always does a good job, did a GREAT job. He stepped out of the box, he showed passion and he spoke boldly. I was thrilled. One of my friends sat down after worship and I told her about how impressed I was and she agreed that it was amazing. After church, I went to the worship leader, who is an acquaintance, and told him that I thought he did a great job. I even went so far as to say that it was the best Sunday of worship. He stared at me blankly. Being the bold woman that I am, I said "You are supposed to say thank you". He said "You're lying". I said "No, I'm not it was really great." And he says, "I'm sorry. I didn't get very many compliments when I was younger. I was always told about the things that I didn't do right".....WOW....God sustained me because I could have cried right there.

Challenge to you: Encourage the men in your life. Lift them up. Speak life giving words to them. Bless them. Tell them thank you for their service. It will make a difference.

Until next time-
Les

No comments: