Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hope

This morning I woke up (tired) and defeated. I felt like I hadn't really accomplished much this week and that I hadn't really drawn closer to the Lord like He (and I both) desire(s). I was just not pumped about the day. At about 7:15 a.m. I received a text from a friend that said as he was praying for me (could have been multiple people he sent the message to, I don't know), Romans 5:1-6 kept coming to mind especially verses 5 which says, "And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us." No wonder I was feeling so defeated, I wasn't even trying to let the Holy Spirit guide me. I was just exhausted and trying to work things out for myself. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID. One more time, STUPID. Haven't I learned this lesson before? I mean, seriously. (Thank you, Lord, for being so gentle).
When I got home from work, I was reading my daily lesson in "Fasting from Wrong thinking" and the whole lesson was about hope and of course, Romans 5:5 was one of the key verses because that's just how Jesus rolls.
One of the other daily studies that I am doing is going through various names of Jesus and this week's name is "The Light of the World". Learned today that I am not to just rest in Christ's light but I am to become one of His light bearers...Hmm...that's good stuff. For real, Jesus, you rock my socks!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: