Monday, October 12, 2009

Today!

Wow, I had the craziest week last week. Just be glad that I didn't write last Tuesday because you would all be depressed because I was having a hard time finding the bright side to anything!
My favorite patient died, it was three years since my grandmother passed away, another sweet patient died, one of my friend's dad's had some serious health stuff going on, my dad called with some news about my stepmom's dad being sick and on and on and on! Thankfully, the Lord is Jehovah-Jireh, my provider and he provided me with sweet fellowship and a reminder that He is all I need. He also reminded me that the happiness of my day should not be based off of my circumstances but should be based on the Lord's constant, perfect, and amazing goodness to me!

From Tuesday the week got better. I finished my clinical fellowship which means I will officially be licensed by the state and nation pretty soon. I got to spend some time with some friends this past weekend. I went to some garage sales and got some good deals. I bought a new purple winter coat that was regularly $200 for $71 and I got a fun new haircut that I totally love! I'll post pictures very very soon!

Last night, the Lord reminded me of how much He has done for me and just gave me some perspective into my life. I am grateful for it!

Tonight, I came home and made myself some pretty good dinner (I am biased). I talked to a couple of super amazing people (you know who you are) and I am just enjoying some time at home.

The Lord is great and greatly to be praised. I will call upon the Lord. I lift my eyes unto the Hills, it's where my help comes from. Nothing is impossible with God. I am nothing without Christ.

I also decided that rather than going home for Thanksgiving (my mom is coming here the week before and I'll be going home for Christmas) I am going to take a road trip to Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC and all places in between. Pretty excited to be hitting the two places I wanted to travel this year in the same trip! I can't wait. If you have any suggestions on places to stay, places to eat and things to do, let me know!!!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: