Monday, October 19, 2009

Influential People

Today, I was just thinking about people in my life...my parents, my friends, pastors, patients...so many people have helped me along my life journey. One person in particular comes to mind tonight....

Pam Stevens...

She is one Godly woman who has spoken so much truth into my life, given me so much hope, helped to show me the way in some of life's craziest situations. She is the mother of four children and wife to my former youth pastor. She became a mentor of mine sometime during college. I have spent so many nights at their house, sitting on their couch or at their dining room table playing games or just talking. I have always laughed because Mrs. Pam and I would end our conversation at the door and then she would follow me out and we would talk for another hour before I got in the car to go home.

She has taught me about prayer, guarding my heart as a Godly woman, pursuing the Lord through His word. I have learned so much from her just by watching her live her life. She is a true picture of what it means to submit to the Lord, your husband, and those in authority. She is humble, genuine and selfless. Really, when I think about it, it's insane how much the Lord has done in her life and how much He has used her. Then I'm reminded that when we are faithful in the little that the Lord trusts us with the big. Pam Stevens has been faithful in the little and the Lord has continued to give her more and more.

One thing that I truly love about her is the joy and excitement that she demonstrates when the Lord has shown her something. She is always happy and smiling but when she has had a revelation or the Lord has done a miracle in her life or the life of someone around her, it is ALL OVER HER FACE! It's almost as if she were floating. I love it!

So, Mrs. Pam if you are reading this....you have influenced me in such a huge way and I am FOREVER grateful to you!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: