Saturday, February 6, 2010

Awards!!! OH MY!!

Today, I got my first (and second) blog award!!! I'm so excited, you would think it was Christmas. Recently, a couple of "speechies" (Rachel and Ashley) that I have never met began following my blog. I've been so blessed by them-it's almost ridiculous!
About this award...apparently there are some rules. I'm supposed to give props to 7 blogs that I love to read and I'm supposed to provide you with 7 amazingly awesome random facts about myself....Brace yourselves!!!

Props #1
My girl Ashley...http://heartsetonhim.blogspot.com/...Ashley and I met when I was in graduate school. We became instant friends. She is super encouraging to me. Our friendship has changed a great deal since I've moved but I still adore her. Her blog is always eye opening and makes me think about life in general! Love you so much Ash!!!

Props #2
Rachel....http://the-pugh-family.blogspot.com/....One of the fellow "speechies" who gave me my first (or second) blog award! This girl is pretty amazing. I enjoy reading her blog and seeing a woman who is so deeply in love with her creator and so deeply in love with her husband as well. It makes me look forward to what could be for me some day. It's pretty cool how the Lord can draw us "speechies" together.

Props #3
Lindsey...http://lindseyandpaulfisher.blogspot.com/...Another "speechie"...Lindsey taught me everything I know :). Lindsey was my supervisor at HealthSouth in the summer of '08. I've been blessed by her blog because it's all about her precious sweet baby. I love to get her updates and see how excited she and Paul are about their baby girl!

Props #4
Ashley...http://amorganslp.blogspot.com/...The 3rd and final "speechie" of the night. SLP's sure can blog. Oh my!!! Nothing like a woman who can be open, honest, real and so encouraging. Enjoy reading her blog each and every time I see an update!!

Props #5
Mandy Moody...http://thatmoodyfamily.blogspot.com/...One of my best friends here in Montgomery. She does not blog much but it's because she is such a good mom to Ollie and wife to Jeff. Mandy constantly lifts me up. I love her because she is completely honest all of the time and that rocks my socks!!

Props #6
Jessika...http://wheregraceoverflows.blogspot.com/...Jessika is married to a guy that I met when I was in Monroe for graduate school...OH MY! I just remembered that she is a "speechie" too!!!!!!! Jessika is precious. She loves her God and her husband A LOT! I love her encouraging and funny words. Always makes me smile.

Props #7
Daphne...http://apollosgal.blogspot.com/...I met Daphne when I was interning at Trace Crossings Elementary school. She recently adopted a son from Ethiopia and her blog is all about BEN! I love reading of the adventures they have and seeing her love for him through her words. It's awesome!!!

Now for the super duper amazing fun part!!!

Random thought #1 about me...Kinda heavy, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I've never kissed a guy before (besides my Daddy) and I'm blessed to say that I will save that first kiss for the man I marry. Thank you, Lord for protecting me.

Random thought #2 about me...I was 19 before I ever flew in an airplane. My first trip was to California all by myself!!!

Random thought #3 about me...I prefer baths to showers. I usually take a bath every night and lean over the tub in the morning to wash my hair. The house I grew up in only had a bathtub and no shower so I guess that's where it started from...who knows!

Random thought #4 about me...I love jewelry...It makes me excited. It doesn't have to be fancy jewelry but putting jewelry on just makes me feel better. I like to wear jewelry with my scrubs.

Random thought #5 about me...I'd love to visit my Compassion child in Thailand one day.

Random thought #6 about me...I hate pickles and mustard.

Random thought #7 about me...I love movies but it seems that any time someone asks me about a particular movie, I haven't seen it. Funny to me...

***This post has been fun. I am super duper pumped about my Blog awards. I feel so....special!!!!

Until next time-
Les


4 comments:

Ashley said...

love it! thank you for your sweet words. rachel hates pickles as well... with a passion!

Rachel said...

Ashley beat me to it...I DESPISE the pickle :) Thank you for your kind words, too!

Unknown said...

aww, thanks, les! i know that things have changed a lot since you've moved, but I love how we can pick back up and just catch up and be real...so refreshing!

Lindsey and Paul said...

Leslie! You're too sweet! We need to catch up--it's been too long! FYI--I've been following your blog too. Sounds like things are really going great for you. :)