Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Turkey Pot Pie

So.......Last week I baked a turkey and I was super proud of myself. It was a milestone for me. I was pumped and then I realized that I had a TON of turkey and I had no idea what to do with it. Mom suggested a pot pie so I got a recipe from one of the girls at work and it was TERRIFIC (according to M-Squared). Here's the recipe:

Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie
(Makes 2 pies)
1 stick of margarine
8 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon salt
pepper
4 boiled eggs (I used 6)
boiled/baked turkey, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
Ready made pie crust (I got two deep dish frozen already made crusts and then a box of refrigerated pie crusts to put over the top.)

1. Melt butter in stock on low to medium.
2. Add salt and pepper.
3. Slowly add flour a small amount at a time. Stir constantly until thick. (I turned the heat up to thicken it)
4. Put turkey (or chicken) in the bottom of the dish.
5. Add chopped eggs on top.
6. Pour flour mixture on top.
7. Place pie crust on top.
8. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until crust is brown.

I added corn and peas to mine as well. It was AMAZING, at least in my opinion!

Until next time-
Les

1 comment:

Catheryn Collins said...

My all-time comfort food is chicken pot pie. I will definitely have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting it! You're brave for cooking a turkey. I didn't even attempt it until I was 35yo. I've probably only cooked five of them ever.