Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day aka Valentine's Eve Eve

Well, hello sweet friends!!! I intended for this blog to have TONS of pictures but for some reason, I'm having issues with the pictures. I'm sure it's a user error!

Here is a quick rundown of my Valentine's.

Matt and I had decided that Friday, February 12th would be our Valentine's because he had to work on Saturday and Sundays are typically just busy by nature. It worked out well because we both got off of work early because of the snow. Matt came over to my apt. about 1:00 and he, Su, and I went to play in the snow. I threw snowballs at him and he let me. He made a snow angel and we built a small and cute snowman with a cooked carrot nose and peanut butter M&M's eyes and mouth. After our snow extravaganza, we came inside and hung out, drinking tea and playing with iPhone apps! I know, look out!!! About 5:00, he started cooking dinner which consisted of a greek chicken dish with orzo pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. OH MY! It was so good! I "made" dessert which was girl scout cookies and king cake. I know, I know...I went all out for my man! Then we watched the movies "Fireproof" and "My Girl". It was so nice because neither of us had anywhere to be early on Saturday so we could just hang out Friday night and enjoy each other. It was a blessing.

Oh yeah, we exchanged gifts too. Matt gave me a journal (which he didn't let me keep. That's a story for another day), a card, a poem and SOME REESE PEANUT BUTTER HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great day. As we both reflected on the day, we both had the same response..."God is so good to us"

Until next time-
Les

No comments: