Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, it's true

The Facebook relationship status update is for real. Would I really joke about something so serious?!?!?!? Never!

Matt and I are in a relationship. A relationship that we believe is ordained by God and guided by Him every step of the way, so far! We both see ourselves as incredibly blessed that God has even given us the opportunity to glorify Him in this. We are excited about letting God write the story, whatever that story may be. We have discussed together how freeing it is to know that God is in control and when that's the the case, we can't mess it up. Honestly, doesn't that just take the burden off?!?!

A little history: Matt and I met at church last April. We were in the same Sunday school class and our friend group was, for the most part, the same. We had a few conversations here and there. One Sunday, Matt shared about an upcoming summer camp that he would be working at. The Lord burdened my heart for him. I wrote him a note that week and let him know that I would be praying for him over those next two weeks. During those next weeks and months, I really began to develop feelings for him. I tried to make things happen by myself and then I just heard the Lord say "Not now". We continued to be friends and spent time together watching movies and with our friends. We had a lot in common: Our love for music and movies, our love for laughter and our love for Jesus. Around August or so, I just really tried to back up and just honor the Lord and wait. I didn't know what that meant but I wanted to honor God no matter what.

Fast forward to the end of December/early January. My feelings for Matt had come back up again and I was really seeking the Lord about it. I had decided that one of the things I was going to seek God for during my 21 days of prayer and fasting was clarity on the situation with Matt. The first day of the fast, I get a phone call from Matt and after some small talk and a great story, he tells me that he has feelings for me. That Tuesday, we got together and just asked some of the important questions. It was an exciting time because we realized that we were on the same page for the important issues. He honors my strongest convictions and we share some of the same convictions as well. Over the last three weeks, the Lord has really allowed us times to talk about things that are important. We don't know where this journey leads but we do trust the guide. He has our best interest at heart.

That's it for now. I'll post some new pictures soon.

Until next time-
Les

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hey leslie! i gave you a blogger award...go to mine and get it!

Ashley said...

check my blog.. you have gotten another award :)