Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day #5...Wow, it's been three years

Day #5 of the Fast and I'm sure you've already guessed this but God is continuing to blow my mind. I've so enjoyed diving into the Psalms. I've been reading them mostly on YouVersion on my phone when I'm sitting in the parking lot at work in the morning. I'm just fired up about the promises that are there and the things God says about me there as well.

Today is the 3 year anniversary of when I first moved away from Fluker/Amite, LA. In a way, I can hardly believe it and in another way, it seems like it has been a lifetime. Just a recap, I moved from Fluker to Monroe where I started graduate school. I didn't know a soul in that city and God gave me life long friends on my second day there. I am forever changed from that 1 1/2 year experience. From there, I moved to Birmingham to complete my internships for graduate school and I was there for 7 months. Again, God showed up and rocked my world. I met new lifelong friends on my second day there. God used Birmingham to mature me, teach me, strengthen me and just love on me. My plan was to stay in Birmingham even when I got the job in Prattville last January but God just had other plans. I'm so glad He did! I've been here in Montgomery for 1 year and 8 days. I can't say that I've loved every moment of it but I can say that the Lord has used the challenges I've faced in this city to move me closer to Him. I don't know that I'll be here forever but I do know that God is in control and when He is, I don't have to worry about a thing.

Three years...Three cities....Amazing.

Lord, Thank you that you have continuously provided for me in ways that I never imagined. Thank you that you have my best interests at heart and that you are ALWAYS in control. Thank you for what you have done, are doing and will do in my life, especially over the next 16 days. I am loving every moment of it. I love you!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: