Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday!

Wednesday night, I was preparing to begin the last three days of the fast, days where I have chosen to consume juice and water only. I've been reading through the Psalms during the fast and Wednesday night was no different. I had really just asked the Lord to give me something to help me during the last three days of the fast. One of the last verses I read was Psalm 73: 26: "My flesh and my heart my fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever". During the last three days, there is definitely opportunity for my flesh to fail me. In fact, every day there is opportunity for my flesh to fail me. How encouraging to know that MY GOD IS MY STRENGTH! I've been extremely blessed during these last two days already. Finding joy and laughter in most things. Clinging to God's truth.

Lord, Thank you that you love me so much. Thank you that you look at me and smile because you see the righteousness of your son in me. Thank you that you have given me life and allowed me to live it for you. I love you...Amen!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: