Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Passion Twenty Ten

First, let me just say "WOW!". Seriously, this conference was incredible and God used it so much to speak directly to my heart. I'll share some things about Passion here:

-Louie Giglio and the entire Passion team are just incredible. They themselves are so passionate about Passion and seeing God be glorified in all things.
-The first thing Louie said that really stuck out to me was that he didn't want anyone walking away from the conference focusing on any one person that was there. While it was awesome to hear from all of those speaking and leading worship, I really tried to allow God to speak directly to my heart no matter who was speaking and I think that really made a difference in the outcome for me.
-The theme of the conference was "Awakening" and it was neat to see and hear how God awakened each person there to something totally different. For me, an awakening to some ministries God wants me to get involved in. Very pumped about that.
-Our goal should be association not accumulation, about Jesus not knowledge.
-God's will for me is good; good means "to be beneficial"; God's will is for me to be beneficial.
-Everything we go through equips us. If not, it would have gotten a "NO" from God. That just blew me away. Everything I go through has a purpose which leads to the fulfilling of his will. If that wasn't true, God would have just said "NO" to it. Takes the pressure off!!!
-Until I am in a position for people to bring out the worst in me, I am not in a position for God to bring out the best in me.
-The Holy Spirit is our GPS-recalculating calmly when we mess up.
-The priority of our life is proximity; sometimes we run past Christ to get our treasure and don't realize that Christ is our treasure!
-Always a mistake to decide what you want to do before you decide who you want to be.
-God seeks our praise not because He is not fully God without it but because we are not fully happy unless we give it....WOW!!!
-It doesn't matter when we became a believer; what matter is "Are we serving Christ now?"

Funny things that were said:

-Francis Chan said "You don't get an "F" in school if you are Asian!"
-"We got distortion in Uganda!"
-"BTDub"
"LBH"
"Dude girl"

A huge part of Passion was "Do something Now" There were 12 organizations that were a part of it and the goal was to raise $500,00 over the 4 days to benefit each of the causes. As of early Tuesday morning, we had as a group raised over $668,000 but some of the causes were over funded and some were underfunded. Louie was praying at about 8:00 that God would just make something happen so all causes were fully funded. He walked about 15 feet and got a text message from someone asking his to call immediately. He did and the guy said "Louie, I've got a couple here that wants to match what the people at Passion have given!" One couple who had seen what was going on at Passion and was so impressed with the people participating and leading gave $668,000. SHUTUP!!

Enjoyed every single moment of it!!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: