Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ask and it Shall be given unto you

Seek and you shall find...knock and the door will be opened unto you.

If I have said this once, I've probably said it 500 times. God is so good. He NEVER ceases to amaze me. This past week I was at small group talking to one of the guys there. We were on the subject of missions and we talked about how we look back at our time in college and wish we had spent those summers more wisely. Instead of working so hard, we wish we had gone on missions trips or studied abroad. Then we realized that those decisions shaped who we are now and give us a bigger appreciation for what we have the opportunity to do now. But still, you always wonder what if.
During our conversation, I mentioned Campus Outreach and that some of my friends from SLU had spend their summers with Campus Outreach and that one summer, I was given the same opportunity but I didn't go for various reasons (none of which seem important now). I told him that those people came back from those summers with lives that were COMPLETELY changed. Not just a little changed but completely different. The one thing about those summers that I wish I had experienced was the growth in spiritual maturity. Specifically, sharing my testimony. These people learned how to share their testimony simply and most of all learned to befriend non-believers, which is something that is difficult for me. So, all that to say, this week I asked God to stretch me. I usually am afraid to pray these prayers because I know He will do it! But this week, I was ready and good thing because immediately a situation was presented to me.
The best thing that came from this situation is that I realized that I can be friends with those who are not exactly of the same mindset as me. Talk to them, find out what they are about, love them like Jesus, right Ash??

I hope that all of you are doing well. Until next time-

Les

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

I am so glad for you!I think your writing is beautiful, have you considered writing a novel or something?
I find it very encouraging that you put forward some effort to approach non-believers and get to know people of different mindsets than you.
Keep up the great spiritual work!