Friday, July 18, 2008

It's been a great week!

Like I always say "God is so good!" This week has been absolutely amazing. It all started on Sunday night with Discovery Seminar at Church of the Highlands (COTH). It is designed to help believers find out what their personality type is as well as what their spiritual gifts are. I discovered that my top spiritual gifts are Hospitality, Exhortation (encouragement), Service, Helping and Giving. I am not surprised by these and actually excited that I can use them more and more for the Kingdom. My personality type I-C-S. Some of the characteristics of this are sociable, optimistic, enthusiastic, resistant to change, stable, systematic....etc...Sound like me??? I think so! I am looking forward to this Sunday because I will get the opportunity to put that into practice by joining what is called the "Dream Team" at COTH and I'll start serving in various areas of the church.
I have been praying for God to stretch me in my life and He has been faithful. I've been placed in numerous situations to be stretched and it has been such a blessing.
Thursday night we had small group and once again it was so good! I'm getting sad about next week being the last meeting but I know that the friendships formed will be forever so I am looking forward to what is to come. I met some new people last night and it was so encouraging. This Saturday night we are going to have dinner at Cajun Steamer and then everyone is coming over to my apartment for dessert! I'll be making Chocolate Eclair Pie and Fried Oreos! It should be just wonderful.
I'm down to my last 9 days of internship and I can hardly believe it. I'm going to miss it some but at the same time, I'm looking forward to what lies ahead. I'm anxious for the new things to come. I'm most excited about looking for a job and getting to get paid for what I love to do!
Today at work, one of the supervisors asked us to pray for something and we just prayed right there in the office. It was such a blessing and a great reminder of how good our God is!
I'm looking forward to travelling in a few weeks. I'll be heading to K-town, MS first for a wedding, then home for a week and then to Monroe for 2 days and then to Columbus to visit Abby! I'm super excited and looking forward to all the fun things to come.
I also just booked a flight to Disney World in November which I am very very excited about. It is going to be a great trip with wonderful people and I can't wait!
Besides all of that, not much is going on :)

Until next time-
Les

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oohhh..fried oreos! yummo!