Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday, Monday

I am constantly aware of how good our God is! Today, I woke up thinking "Man, this is going to be a long day!" The long weekend with lots going on made me feel that way and wouldn't you know....the morning flew by!! Then, I had lunch with the other speech student and we were both saying that we hoped the afternoon would go by quickly as well and it did.
Each day, I am loving the career field that I chose, more and more. The patients are so diverse and interesting and I learn so much every single day! My supervisor is so amazing and just constantly encouraging me and helping me to stretch. For example, those of you who know me, know that I am a planner. Well, in the hospital setting, it just DOES NOT work like that! Each day, I have to be prepared for something new and God has never let me down.
Please be praying for me over the next few months as I look for my first "real" job. I will start looking in the Birmingham area and just go from there. Sometimes, it is easy to find jobs and sometimes it isn't. Thankfully, there are many recruiters who are willing to help out. They are rather ambitious though so I have not contacted any of them yet. One of my friends did and he got 50 phone calls and the same amount of e-mails in two days! I don't have any time for that.
I will have a break between internships in August so that's when I'll begin the hunt!
Between now and then, I'll do the internship thing and continue on!

Until next time---

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Hey Leslie! Just wanted to say hi and that you are in my prayers! Have fun blogging!!