Monday, July 28, 2008

Serve, Celebrate, Love, Share, Enjoy

Serve- There are few joys greater than the joy that comes from serving. I cannot explain how amazing it is to me. This weekend, I had the honor and privilege of serving with a small group from Church of the Highlands. We were at Woodlawn High School in downtown Birmingham. We were in charge of "renovating" a whole courtyard. We pulled up old shrubs and bushes and planted new beautiful bushes. It rained most of the time but it was awesome. I can add this experience to the list of fun/amazing things I've done in my life. Serving with new and great friends...what can be better!

Celebrate-Celebrate Jesus. I am in awe of how much Jesus did for me. I am a horrible sinner and Jesus saw fit to come and rescue me. There are those times in my life when I don't recognize it but this past week, the Lord has reminded me of how dirty I am. Really, it disgusts me. I can be so selfish, jealous and inconsiderate. Praise Him that he has placed honest, God-Fearing people in my life who can tell it like it is. I need that!

Love-Love those around you. So, I've been in Birmingham for 9 weeks and 4 days now and I can honestly say that I feel like I've made friends that I'll keep for a lifetime. I never thought it was possible until I moved to Monroe and God proved Himself faithful there and then I moved here and He has done it again...Wow! One person in particular, Valerie, is pretty much amazing. She is a lot like me. Outspoken, fun, happy...and she's beautiful...inside and out! We have become so close and shared so much of our hearts with each other in the last 4 weeks that I can hardly believe it. I'm looking forward to the growth of our friendship. And she's just the beginning, there is a core group of us, about 10-15 that has formed and we just enjoy being around each other!

Share-Sharing with each other. That's what we have been doing. Just sharing our hearts, our dreams, our fears, our thoughts, our beliefs. It has been so freeing and just great. All because of Jesus!

Enjoy- What else is there to do but enjoy all of these things.

Jesus, Thank you for these gifts. Thank you for making it happen in my life. I can't imagine where I would be without you. The people you've brought into my life are WOW! You are amazing and your love even more so! I love you.

Until next time-
Les

No comments: