Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"I need my leg!"

Oh my goodness....Internship gets more and more interesting everyday. Today one of my patients, who I see once a day and at the very last time slot of the day, was very interesting. She has a prosthetic left leg and she has been unable to wear it. Today during my session, she began crying and carrying on about how "that lady" (the PT) was trying to steal her leg. I had to keep myself from laughing! It was quite interesting. She was frantic, so we finally just brought her back up to her room. The psychologist said that we need to just let her carry it with her from now on.....I'm sure it will get more and more interesting. I probably won't get anything done with her!

Until next time,

Les

1 comment:

No longer exists said...

Hey Leslie! Patients can definitely be characters! Love your blog! Hope all is well with you! I have been blogging since Richie and I moved to St. Maarten. Its a great way to let others keep up with whats going on in your life!

Candace