Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Continually Amazed

The Lord has been teaching me a great deal about pride, the reasons for my sufferings and trials, and his power in my life.

Pride is such an awful thing. My goodness, it is at the root of SOOOO much stuff. This week at my friend Adam's small group, we learned about offense. The Lord really showed me through the teaching that pride is totally at the root of offense. We raise ourselves up to a place that we should not and then we get offended because people "Don't know who they are messing with". I mean, seriously, it's so ridiculous. If we constantly remind ourselves that we are nothing without Christ, offense would not come nearly as easily. John Bevere said Offense leads to betrayal and to the putting up of walls or strongholds. This morning as I was driving to work, I was thinking about those walls. If we get offended and throw up walls around our lives, it is nearly impossible to get to God. We have got to humble ourselves and stop getting offended and let the Lord move in our lives. How else is the world ever going to see a difference in us?!?!

About sufferings: 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 says "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows"....There are sufferings that I went through nearly 9 months ago that the Lord gave me comfort in and just now I am having the opportunity to share that comfort with someone who is going through the same sufferings. I'm so pumped because it's giving me a sense of renewed purpose for this season of my life. God is always right on time.

As for power, the Lord reminded me that the enemy can only have as much power in my life as I allow him to have because my life was bought with a price and Christ dwells within me. I've been waking up for the last few days just reminding the enemy that he can just go ahead and leave because the Lord is in control. It's been fun. It's been real fun.

One last note, if you are reading this on Facebook and commenting. Thanks. But I am fasting from Facebook for now so I can't see your comments. I definitely appreciate them though. Much love!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: