Sunday, September 13, 2009

Maybe it's because I was sick...

Maybe it's because I was sick this week but I assure you this weekend was one of the most awesome weekends I've had in a long time. Let me just tell you about it.

I got off on Friday afternoon and went to eat pizza at Cici's. Such a much deserved treat for myself after eating soup, crackers, grits and mashed potatoes this week! Then late Friday night, Keisha and I went to see the latest Tyler Perry movie...AMAZING! I have loved every movie that kid has ever made and this movie was no exception!

Saturday morning and slept in til about 10:00 and then went to Starbucks for some much needed Jesus time. I got some great prayer time in and then I met up with Matt to prepare for Sunday School.

After that, I went grocery shopping and I also bought some new books for myself using some gift cards I had been given for my birthday. That was such a treat!

The rest of Saturday afternoon was spent with just me, myself and I...and the Lord of course. I rested and read and just chilled. I loved every moment of it.

Sunday brought sweet Sunday school time and some amazing worship time at Gateway in which the Lord confirmed some great things in my heart. A little birthday lunch for a sweet friend and some awesome girl time. To top it all off, I met a new friend and got to attend an awesome wedding. A wedding that was a true reflection and testimony of the Lord's continuous work in the lives of his children. As always (at weddings), tears were brought to my eyes and I was overwhelmed by the goodness that comes straight from the Father's hand.



Bits and pieces of what the Lord's shown me this week:
---God will help me become the person I was meant to be, if I only ask Him!
---Pride is at the root of SOOO many things that take place.
---God is my heavenly Father, He loves me with an everlasting love. The proof of that is the Cross.
---I must make every effort to allow God to move in my heart and allow Him to show me times when I can minister to the body of Christ.
---Under grace, it isn't the Christian's duty to find God's will, but rather God will reveal His will to the one who rests in Him.

Until next time-
Les

No comments: