Friday, September 4, 2009

Day #4

Lord, What is it that you say about me? Who have you created me to be?

- A woman like Rebekah who seeks you whole-heartedly and serves you diligently, waiting for your timing on everything.
- A woman of noble character, honest, dependable, free from gossip or slander.
- A woman who fears you, constantly going to you for strength, focused on you and not making a move until you say it's okay.
- A woman who brings good not harm to others.
- A hard-working woman.
- A woman who helps the poor and those who are in need.
- A woman who takes the place of a servant and serves.
- A woman who respects authority.
- A woman who looks to you, her husband, before anyone or anything else.
- A woman of dignity.
- A woman who laughs and finds joy in life.
- A wise woman who shares the wisdom you have given her.
- A woman whose beauty is found in the character you have given her.

God, thank you for showing me these qualities. Please move in me and make me more like this woman. I absolutely can't do it on my own strength, nor do I want to. Grant me wisdom and favor.

God, also, thank you for the opportunity you give me as a child of the King to come before you with prayer and petitions. I want to present my future husband to you. I thank you for burdening my heart for him and helping me to see that it's just as important to pray for him as it is to pray for myself. Please, Lord, grant him wisdom right now. I have no idea where he is or who he is but you know the path my life will take and you know him by name. Bless him supernaturally right now. I pray that he is seeking you with his whole life. I pray that his daily desire is to praise you and honor you with his life. Lord, give him strength to push through any tough situations he may be going through. Give him courage to stand up for you. Bless his relationships with his family and friends. May he be a light in the darkness. Pour out your spirit on him in such a way that he can't contain it all! Protect him, Lord. Protect his emotions, his heart, his mind, his physical body and keep him safe. You are so good, Lord. In Jesus name, Amen!

Until next time-
Les

No comments: