Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Immanuel

Immanuel-God with us.

God promises us that he is always with us.
Psalm 139:7-12
"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand with hold me fast. If I say "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you"

Praise you Lord that you are always with me. Thank you for consistently pursing me. Forgive me where I have sinned and continue to sin against you. I pray that you would increase my confidence in Your desire to be with me. I am grateful that you long for a deeper relationship with me. You are truly incredible and my soul thirsts for you. Thank you that you are Immanuel-God with us.

Neat prayer "St. Patrick's Breastplate":
Christ be beside me, Christ be before me, Christ be behind me, King of my heart; Christ be within me, Christ be below me, Christ be above me, never to part. Christ on my right hand, Christ on my left hand, Christ all around me, shield in the strife; Christ in my sleeping, Christ is my sitting, Christ in my rising, light of my life. Christ be beside me, Christ be before me, Christ be behind me, King of my heart; Christ be within me, Christ be below me, Christ be above me, never to part.

Until next time-
Les

No comments: